As winter arrives, most of us tend to suffer from dry skin. To nourish, moisturize and rejuvenate the skin, here is a special do-it-yourself home care treatment using salt and essential oils:
• 2 tablespoons Himalayan or Bolivian Pink Salt.
• 2 tablespoons carrier oil (sweet almond, or EV olive oil)
• 1 teaspoon pomagranate seed oil (available at our clinic)
• 5 drops essential oil (according to list below)
- Tea tree oil (for acne)
- Lavender (antiseptic and smells relaxing)
- Geranium (for oily skin)
- Grapefruit (detoxifying, good for cellulite-prone areas)
Mix the ingredients thoroughly in bowl, with a whisk. Keep in glass jar in the refrigerator. The ingredients can be kept for up to a month.
How to use the mixture as a body scrub in the shower:
After heating your body with hot water for 15 minutes, rub the salt coarsly all over your body, and massage thoroghly, concentrating on areas you wish to work on, such as knees, elbows, cellulite areas. Rinse. If oily residue remains, use natural soap to wash off.
Facial night protocol:
Wash face with preferred exfolliant and cleanser, using warm water. Apply a dime-sized ammount to face and scrub gently for three minutes. Rinse with cool water. Apply collagen mask (optional, available at Total Wellness Center).
Repeat every other day for great skin.