Anyone interested in crime trends and safety in Northeast Los Angeles should be sure to check out Capt. Jeffery Bert's monthly webcast, which was posted on Wednesday.
The Los Angeles Police Department Northeast Division captain talks about crime trends and statistics in the area in the video, and he points out a number of interesting facts.
Some of the stats Bert lists are:
- Violent crime was down 20 percent in July compared to the same time last year
- Property crime was down 4.5 percent
- 80 percent of all crimes reported in the Northeast area are are property crimes
- In the 30 square miles that the division covers, there has been 883 burglaries from motor vehicles in 2013, which is the only uptick the division has had in crime this year
- Only three percent of the people who break into cars get caught citywide