The future looks exceedingly bright for senior Alejandro Jimenez-Jaramillo.
- Whiz Kid's Name/Age: Alejandro Jimenez-Jaramillo, 17.
- Whiz Kid's School/Church/Community Center: Eagle Rock High School.
- Whiz Kid's Accomplishment: Recognized for his academic achievements, Jimenez-Jaramillo is one of 3,000 candidates across the nation selected for the President's Scholar Program, established in 1964 to honor America’s most promising seniors. Finalists will be announced in May.
- Whiz Kid's Key to Awesomeness: Jimenez-Jaramillo boasts a 4.59 cumulative high school GPA, and earned an impressive 2,380 on his SAT. He is active at Eagle Rock High School, where he is captain of the track, soccer and cross-country team, as well as Associated Student Body commissioner. Besides playing French horn in the student orchestra, he is a senior class officer and a peer mentor.
- Bonus Whiz Kid Info: Jimenez-Jaramillo plans to major in biomedical engineering. He is currently waiting to hear if he has been admitted into Harvard, Columbia or Stanford. He anticipates studying bionanotechnology after college.